Home-made lentils with Chorizo
Serves: 2 people
Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Air-Dried Goikoa Chorizo
· 220 g pardina lentils
· 150 g air-dried Goikoa chorizo
· 1 large carrot
· 1 onion
· 2 garlic cloves
· 1 tablespoon of paprika
· Extra virgin olive oil
· Pinch of salt
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Peel and chop the garlic, carrot and onion into julienne strips, and place in a saucepan with a touch of salt and a drizzle of olive oil. Cover and leave to brown on a medium heat for approximately 5 minutes.
- Next slice the Goikoa Air-Dried Chorizo and add to the saucepan, stir and leave to cook with the other ingredients for a further 2 minutes, allowing the fresh chorizo to work its magic on the rest of the ingredients.
- After 2 minutes, add the paprika and lentils (washed beforehand so ensure they are clean), stir and leave so the pulses can absorb the flavours of the sauce.
- Add water to cover the stew, cover, and leave to cook over a medium heat for one hour. Important: Make keep the stew topped up with stock during cooking. If it dries out, add more water and leave to cook for the remaining time
- After an hour, check to see if the lentils are ready, and you’re all set to enjoy this magnificent dish!
Don’t forget to tell us how this recipe turned out for you! Upload your photo onto the social networks, tag us and share with us
Did you know?….
Lentils are rich in the minerals, antioxidants, fibre and vitamins that our organism, digestive system and nervous system need to work. What’s more, combined with animal protein such as our Goikoa Chorizo, this dish is a wholesome and nutritious meal.